Aims of Syllabus
The Primary Mathematics Syllabus aims to enable all students to:
- acquire mathematical concepts and skills for everyday use and continuous learning in mathematics;
- develop thinking, reasoning, communication, application and metacognitive skills through a mathematical approach to problem-solving; and
- build confidence and foster interest in mathematics
Source: MOE, Singapore
What is covered in this lesson?
In this lesson, we will cover one of the more difficult heuristic problem sums involving proportion transfer. This variant involves problem sums that begin with a difference. There are various ways to solve this type of question. However, we have decided that the easier of all is the model method. When applied to these types of questions, the model method will require a certain degree of “neatness” to avoid confusion.
- Concept 1 – Proportion External Transfer, Begin With Difference
- Concept 2 – Proportion Internal Transfer